Tunable QSFP Optics

Hunter Fuller hf0002+nanog at uah.edu
Tue Jun 19 19:28:25 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:53 AM Luke Guillory <lguillory at reservetele.com>
wrote:

> They still leave the transceiver as a single 1310, the lanes color isn't
> ever expose since the mux takes place within the transceiver. When I looked
> into this for 40g and 100g I found no way to passively do it.

Luke,
Can you link a document that corroborates this? I can only find ones that
show it as 4 separate lanes and 4 separate colors, visible on the actual
output.
Example:
https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog44/presentations/Monday/Hankins_100gbe_update_N44.pdf
slide
11

This is also what I've observed anecdotally, but there could be other
explanations, I am admittedly not an expert.

Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer
VBH Annex B-5
+1 256 824 5331 <(256)%20824-5331>