Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jul 26 19:56:24 UTC 2018

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:43:37 -0000, "Naslund, Steve" said:
> As an engineer I would like to know how we separate what would be happening
> without us from what effect we are having.

Well, when all previous data shows temperature changes on the order of degrees
per millenium (absent major incidents like the Yellowstone supervolcano going off
or the Chixlulub impact), and suddenly you see an effect that's degrees per decade..

In other words, the same way you realize a DDoS is hitting your net when the packet
rate for a host isn't changing in percent per week, but percent by minute....