Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Thu Jul 26 19:43:37 UTC 2018

Well, the problem might be that I am an old guy and remember very well in the 70s when the "scientific community" screamed at us about the coming ice age.  Next, we had global warming.  Now we just call it climate change because we just don't know which way it's going to go.  Those same anthropologists also know that in my area which is Illinois, it was once much hotter and we had Tyrannosaurus running around.  We also had ice ages that carved the Great Lakes that I am sitting next to.  All of that way before we were here.  Did we warm up the climate and prevent the coming ice age in the 70's or could it be that the Earth is still in the cycle of coming out of the last ice age?  We know the climate has changed without our input.  As an engineer I would like to know how we separate what would be happening without us from what effect we are having.  I am not denying that there are changes but I am not confident in what effect we have and whether our effect is counter or accelerating the normal trend.

So, I am not sure what is causing climate change but I am very sure that there will be major climate changes on Earth.  Whether a species survives or not is a matter of whether they adapt.

Steven Naslund