SP security knowledge build up

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Tue Jul 24 16:43:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 03:22:46PM +0200, Ramy Hashish wrote:
> I am planning to build up a security team of fresh engineers whom are
> "network oriented", any advice on the knowledge resources we can start
> with?

1. Start with one or more engineers who aren't "fresh".  This is more
expensive, potentially much more expensive, but it's much more likely
to result in success than trying to feed a crash course in security
into the brains of people who've never done any of this before.  Even if all
those experienced people do is stop you from making well-known mistakes,
then the investment will be more than worth it.

2. I see that several academic programs were mentioned downthread;
one that I'd add to the list is UMBC, which is excellent.

---rsk