Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jul 23 21:00:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:25:28 -0400, William Herrin said:

> Climate science is interesting and worthy, but it's still too shaky
> and incomplete to justify trillion dollar decisions.

So cleaner, less polluting energy sources don't justify it right there?
Check the air quality in Beijing or parts of India for a non-climate-change
reason to get off fossil fuel.

Also, we're going to run out of fossil fuels at some point, and delaying
that point by lowering our us of them is worth it right there.  We're resorting
to fracking to get out oil that wasn't economical before - and it's making
more of a mess than ever before.

> For anyone who would have us Act Now Before It's Too Late, alarmist is
> the right term.

Do you want to get out of South Florida real estate before or after the bubble
pops?  At some point, banks are going to start refusing to write mortgages for
the Miami area due to recurrent flooding - at which point all the real estate
will be underwater once their land values plummet (pun intended).