Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Mon Jul 23 18:22:25 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 10:50 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:

>> The available data does not support your speculation.
>
> https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.ATM.GHGT.KT.CE?locations=US-EU-CN
>>

> Nick

Which data are you referring to?  Did you look at the three links that I
provided?

My linked stats are from the past couple of years, but the worldbank link
you posted contains a chart which only comes to 2012 at the latest, six
year old data.  The EPA report covers 1990-2016, the Rhodium Group report
primarily looks at 2005-2016 but also analyzes some information from 2017
and speculates on trends in the coming decades, and the GreentechMedia link
specifically looks at the EU and its member states during 2017.

So I'm very confused as to which data you're referring to, and which
speculation you're referring to, since it seems you're just pointing at
data which is several years out of date compared to the information I
provided in my post, which I believe to be the best and most recently
currently published.