Question about bird RS config with BGP Community support

Anurag Bhatia me at anuragbhatia.com
Mon Jul 23 20:58:49 UTC 2018

Hello,

We are running a small IX fabric (in Mumbai, India) and with multiple
route servers based on a bird. There has been a demand of support of BGP
communities from some of our members and I am trying to find a way to set
it up in the bird. Idea is to provide a community say 0:123 where tagged
routes with 0:123 do not reach AS123. I am new to the bird.

Tried testing with config given here -
https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/bird/wikis/Route_server_with_community_based_filtering_and_single_RIB

and that results in no announcement peer where the route is going out. (No
specific comms even used. Just applying the export config results in a drop
of the route announcement).

I also tried other config example given over there for putting routes of
each peer in their table
(as per
https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/bird/wikis/Route_server_with_community_based_filtering_and_multiple_RIBs)
and behaviour is same. No route announcement to peers.

Was wondering if anyone can point to right config to support BGP
communities?

Thanks!

--

Anurag Bhatia