End of 2017 hurricane season

Jean-Francois Mezei jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca
Tue Jan 23 07:42:57 UTC 2018

On 2017-12-01 01:15, John Souvestre wrote:

> The #(provider name)sucks tweets on twitter in South Florida and South
> Texas have essentially stopped. I assume this means that providers
> have repaired almost all Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma damage.

In an area touched by freezing rain,  homes are not damaged and people
expect services back within hours and issue "#provider sucks" tweets if
they don't.

But in an area where homes are rendered uninhabitable, it takes a while
before residents can return to their address (either new or repaired
home) and then ask for services to be restored.  The advantage of this
is this is more of a staggered restauration process so less load on
utilities who have more time to repair the shared infrastructure before
dealing with individual homes.