Attacks from poneytelecom.eu

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jan 4 14:33:51 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:57 PM, Dan Hollis <goemon at sasami.anime.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2018, Dovid Bender wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 2:47 AM, Mickael Marchand <mmarchand at corp.free.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dovid,
>>>
>>> Just fill in our abuse form at https://abuse. <https://abuse.scaleway>
>>> online.net
>>>

> I have no idea why anyone thinks it is acceptable to require victims to
> fill out online web forms.

Because the number of people who successfully provide actionable
information without being prompted is vanishingly small and the number of
people who fire off automated complaints to the best guess abuse address
(also without actionable information) is disappointingly large?

Why anyone thinks it's acceptable for the form submission to vanish in to
the faceless support queue is more of a quandary. The form submission
should provide a case number, the individual to whom it is assigned, direct
contact information for that individual and a promise that your report will
receive a response.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us