Brighthouse Networks packet loss

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Thu Feb 8 23:08:00 UTC 2018

This isn't all that different from our situation. Did this just start
this week Jared? Perhaps the issue is whatever content inspection system
is being used on TWT's peering with HE.

I'll send 10796, 11426, 3456, 7843, and 20115 to another provider and
hopefully things return to normal...(I think that's most of their
traffic, not sure if they have some other ASNs).

Andy
---

ANDY DILLS - XECUNET, LLC

5744-R Industry Lane
Frederick MD 21704
www.xecu.net [1]
P: 301-682-9972
P: 1-877-XECUNET
F: 240-215-0351

Twitter [2]

Facebook [3]

On 02/07/2018 14:40, Jared Geiger wrote:

> Our customers on Bright House Networks / Time Warner Cable / Charter in
> Orlando, Melbourne and Tampa are experiencing packet loss between Orlando
> and Miami before the traffic reaches Hurricane Electric. The odd thing is
> when we disable Hurricane Electric, the packetloss goes away but the
> traceroute is the exact same path to Miami. HE sees no loss from our
> location in Reston VA/Ashburn to Miami.
>
> We are having our customers talk to Bright House Networks but probably
> won't get very far with residential support.
>
> Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Jared Geiger
> IT Vocal LLC
> AS 32478