email scannering / filtering

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Fri Dec 14 20:18:39 UTC 2018

On 12/14/2018 1:00 PM, John Von Essen wrote:
> I've used Sendmail + MIMEDefang + SpamAssassin w/clamav for over 15
> years. And on the SA side I use all the bells and whistles available
> like DCC greylisting, all the public blacklists, there are some 3rd
> party rulesets you can subscribe to, etc.,. In the end its not as good
> as gmail, but pretty darn close.
>
> I block at SA score 4 and above, 4-8 score I dump into a separate
> quarantine account that I check every now and again for possible errors,
> and over 8 I drop - no log or bounce.

I've started using rspamd in place of SpamAssassin and have been having
good results. Built in greylisting, support for spamassassin rules, nice
statistics web based GUI.

Only downside is that it can be quirky during the initial setup.  It
depends on redis for its key lookup backend.  Not a big fan of redis,
but it works, especially if you have to support multiple rspamd
instances on different mail servers, and want to have one main backend
to store all the spam/ham hashes in.
--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org