A few GPON questions...

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Tue Dec 11 21:12:56 UTC 2018

I remember working for this little company called EDS... Some bright spark decided that ATM to the desktop was the future (not this ethernet (or even token ring) thing) and subsequently converted several thousand head office machines to E3 or OC3 to the desktop. Hell of a thing trying to make OS2 drivers work for an OC3 card. That went very badly and the whole lot was ripped out again after a couple of years from memory.