Hurricane Maria: Summary of communication status - and lack of

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sat Sep 30 20:39:11 UTC 2017

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017, Sean Donelan wrote:
> The first public statement I've seen from LibertyPR was yesterday. Their
> network was completely down.  They've restored some of their main
> infrastructure, i.e. cable headends and main fiber connections.
> 100% of subscribers are out of service.
>
> I've seen pictures on twitter of LibertyPR crews fixing cables and poles on
> the island.

Liberty cable Puerto Rico has put out a press release today.

LibertyPR is opening one public WiFi hot spot in Bahia Urbana in San Juan
from 3pm to 7pm Saturday, and 8am to 7pm daily starting Sunday.

Additional hot spots will be announced by LibertyPR via press release in
the future.

I guess this is a sign LibertyPR's public relations office is back in
operation.