CPE that support 1G with BGP multihomed

Ahad Aboss ahad at swiftelnetworks.com
Tue Sep 26 14:00:13 UTC 2017

Hi Marcel,

I've personnel tested similar requirements on the followings;

ASR1001 - 8G RAM
ASR1001-X
ASR1002 8G RAM

with two eBGP sessions / full routes via two upstreams and mutiple iBGP
sessions to the core. The ASR1K is a safe bet.

The ISR G2 2921 or 2951 suffers under load if you have PBR or NAT/PAT rules.

Hope this info helps with your research and router selections.

Cheers,
Ahad