CPE that support 1G with BGP multihomed

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Tue Sep 26 13:34:00 UTC 2017

marcel.duregards--- via NANOG wrote on 9/26/2017 4:29 AM:
> Currently on Cisco side, we see the following candidates:
>
> - ASR 1001-x
> - ASR 1002
> - ISR 4431, 4451
> - ISR G2 2921 + 2951 + 3925(E)  (EoL soon, so we are currently in the
> process of evaluating other solution).

Keep in mind the ASR1002 is also EoL, and only the configuration with
upgraded RAM and ESP10 would meet your stated need for a full BGP table
(the ESP2.5/5 does not have enough FIB memory to store the full routing
table). The 1001-X offers the pay as you go model, so you may want to
check with Cisco regarding FIB availability at different license price
points. I believe the ASR9001 would also meet your needs; I don't have
experience with the other options.