2017 NANOG Elections General Information

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Sep 11 00:00:59 UTC 2017

--- bryan at shout.net wrote:
From: Bryan Holloway <bryan at shout.net>

Had I been a first-time attendee, I would've felt like a
high-school freshman being told who all the "cool seniors"
were.

Frankly, it was awkward and off-putting.

Not only first time attendees, but also long time list
participants are made to feel that way; me included for
making comments about vendor spam or top posting.  I note
that not only randy is doing what he says, but other old
schoolers are now gone (such as vixie, li and others) who
are folks that a person could learn a lot from.

scott

ps.  I always shot peas at the "cool kids" table in the
lunch room in high school.  From time-to-time I want
virtual peas to shoot now days...  >;-)