Temp at Level 3 data centers

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Wed Oct 11 19:59:29 UTC 2017

On 10/11/17 9:42 AM, Sam Kretchmer wrote:
> with a former employer we had a suite at the L3 facility on Canal in
> Chicago. They had this exact issue for the entire time we had the suite.
> They kept blaming a failing HVAC unit on our floor, but it went on for
> years no matter who we complained to, or what we said.
>
> Good luck.

At $dayjob-1, we had a couple cabinets at that facility, and sometime
around 2007, if I recall correctly, they kicked out all of the customers
that were server-farms. Only carriers were allowed to stay (with a few
exceptions, I'm sure ...) I know because we picked up a few of their
customers.

That facility was built out around 2000/2001, and things were a lot
different back then (e.g. no one was really using 208/240 yet.) I think
they just couldn't keep up when things really took off again post
dot-com bust.