Please run windows update now

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue May 16 17:36:20 UTC 2017

On Tue, 16 May 2017 12:23:36 -0500, Brad Knowles said:
> On May 16, 2017, at 11:40 AM, JoeSox <joesox at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Isn't it true, with any tech product, the more complex features, the less
> > secure it is? Ask yourself why this is the case, and I believe the true
> > issue with tech lays there.
>
> To a degree, this is true.  But there are more iOS devices out there than
> there are Windows boxes, and while iOS certainly isn't perfect, it definitely
> has a much better security posture.

Note that most of iOS's improved security posture is due to its design as a
launcher of apps from a tightly controlled source that tightly control the user
experience.  It's pretty damned easy to harden Windows as well, if you're going
to hobble it into being a canned app launcher.

Of course, that will piss off everybody who's using Windows as a base for
a generalized computing environment rather than an app-launching kiosk,