BCP for securing IPv6 Linux end node in AWS

Eric Germann ekgermann at semperen.com
Sun May 14 13:29:45 UTC 2017

Good morning all,

I’m looking for some guidance on best practices to secure IPv6 on Linux end nodes parked in AWS.

Boxes will be running various services (DNS for starters) and I’m looking to secure mainly ICMP at this point.  Service filtering is fairly cut and dried.

I’ve reviewed some of the stuff out there, but apparently I’m catching too many of the ICMP types in the rejection as routing eventually breaks.  My guess is router discovery gets broken by too tight of filters.

Thanks for any guidance.

EKG