Help evaluate CDN

Mehmet Akcin mehmet at akcin.net
Thu Jun 1 04:15:05 UTC 2017

Hey there

I have written few blog posts about dns performance in the past comparing
public resolver performance and root server performance using tools like
thousandeyes.

I am now working on a new blog post independently and voluntarily comparing
cdn performance. I wanted to reach out to experts in the community ask
feedback on what they wanted to see in such comparison. What are some of
the important things like cache-hit-ratio etc. you look for when evaluating
CDN performance? What categories would you like to see? Such as video
performance, static images, etc.

Appreciate any feedback you can share, and will make sure to thank you for
your help in my post(s). I might even buy you guys beer @ nanog :) i will
be in Bellevue next week if anybody prefers to talk face to face

Mehmet