Friday musing - Long distance fiber deployment resources

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Jul 14 18:05:15 UTC 2017

     Warning: For just plain curiosity at the moment.

     I was looking for publicly accessible feasibility studies, white
papers, etc, about long distance fiber deployment.  (> 400km, aka >250
miles)

     The interest comes from documenting myself about how poorly
deserved are the northern communities in Canada.  And how "freakn a
shame it is to get pwned" by France telecom wise =D.

     At this point my Goolge Fu is hardly getting thru the pointless
clutter search engines accumulated over the years...

     From the numerous input so far:

         A lot of the attempts where made to use facilities like rail or
electrical grid distribution, but it always ended squashed by a massive
push back from the telecom industries, and in one case, maybe the FMI.

     I'm thinking:

         If people can invest millions into DOTCOM that put fitbits on
cows...  There must be a way to help those communities.  And ourself,
from under the telecom giants.

     Thanks.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443