Novice sysadmins

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Dec 5 16:54:21 UTC 2017

On 12/05/2017 09:17 AM, Harald Koch wrote:
> Thirty years ago I started my sysadmin journey on an Internet that was
> filled with helpful, experienced people that were willing to share their
> knowledge.

The vast majority of what I've experienced in the last ~20 years has
been people willing to help others who are trying to help themselves.

If you are trying, make an honest mistake, and are willing to correct it
when others politely let you know, you will quite likely find people
willing to help you.  Especially if you return the favor in kind.

If you are being a hooligan and not responding to problems reported to
you or purposefully ~> wantonly doing things to others ... good luck.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die