Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Tue Dec 5 02:47:42 UTC 2017

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 3:19 AM, Edwin Pers <EPers at ansencorp.com> wrote:
>
> As an anecdotal aside, approx. 70% of incoming portscanners/rdp bots/ssh bots/etc that hit the firewalls at my sites are coming from AWS.
> I used to send abuse emails but eventually gave up after receiving nothing beyond "well, aws ip's are dynamic/shared so we can't help you"

Last week we found out that Helpscout sends email from AWS servers.

Thank you, Helpscout, for forcing me to lift the AWS blocks on my incoming MTAs, that were cutting down my incoming spam scanning load by a factor of two.  At least.

Note that I work for an email hosting company, which makes this infinitely more annoying.  A factor of two, in this case, is a non-trivial number.

--lyndon