Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

Eric Tykwinski eric-list at truenet.com
Tue Dec 5 00:38:18 UTC 2017

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 6:34 PM, Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org> wrote:
>
> ---rsk
>
> [1] I don't expect them, or anyone else, to catch everything all the
> time.  There are always unpleasant surprises.  But there is absolutely
> no excuse for systemic, chronic abuse, for failure to accept abuse
> reports, for failure to respond to them quickly, for failure to
> act on them promptly, for failure to prevent repeat incidents,
> or for failure to apologize.

Not from I’ve seen, most get big fast, and than security follows secondary.  Name your ISP, your Cloud, and your Virtual Environment.
Comcast and AOL used to be hell for spam, then they started blocking SMTP, or in AOL’s case sort of went out of business till the VZ buyout.  From what I’ve noticed, OVH is sort of the same, got big quick and was one of the biggest spammers around, they have finally gotten their act together IMHO.  Linode from what I remember hasn’t been that bad, a couple of hacked servers of course, but par for the course and kept things manageable and responsive to my requests.  Main point I think is mailops comes with a learning curve, and it happens...