Creating a Circuit ID Format

Jameson, Daniel Daniel.Jameson at tdstelecom.com
Tue Aug 22 18:11:43 UTC 2017

What's the intended use of the Circuit ID?  Internal ID, Stickered Customer CPE;  Planning to carry other carriers circuits?  With so many virtual components in circuits now,  Where the circuit ID used to have some useful information, it's been largely reduced to a minimum amount of information that can get a customer/service tech in touch with the right tech support group.  It's a-typical to provide a circuit-id for residential customers,  they're typically reserved for business class services although there isn't anything that would prevent it other than managing the data/changes.

29/EC00/123456/002/MYCO/0
(prefix 2) usually a form of where the service originates (Commonly where the IP address is provisioned)
Service type - format is up to the circuit owner.
        A common syntax is:
        First digit identifies the service delivery type -  E = Ethernet A=ATM S=Sonet P=PON ...
        Second digit identifies the physical delivery type.
	A=64K
	B=1.5Mbps
	C=25Mbps
	D=45Mbps(STS1)
	E=100Mbps
	F=155Mbps(oc3)
	G=100Mbps
	H=466Mbps(oc9)
	I=622Mbps(oc12)
	J=1Gbps
	K=1.5Gbps
	L=2.5G
	M=10Gbps (oc192)
	N=13Gbps(oc255)
	O=25gpbs
	P=40Gbps(OC768)
	Q=100G
       Third and fourth digits identify the fractional provisioned rate as a %
	00=100%
	10=10%
              25=25%
Serial number -  6 digit alphanumeric serial number usually encoded with cust/location/
Suffix - used if cust/location for circuit count. Or generically as circuit count. (customer has 2 10G)

Company Code - use up to 4 letter (this is the controller of the circuit)

Segment - if it's a multi-segment circuit.  Occasionally used to denote if a circuit is protection.