2017 NANOG Elections General Information

Dave Temkin dave at temk.in
Tue Aug 22 17:21:32 UTC 2017

Hello NANOGers!

We are once again approaching the annual NANOG election
<http://nanog.org/elections/2017/general> and appointment time. Board
candidate nominations open August 7th and the complete Election timeline
can be found here <http://nanog.org/elections/2017/general>. We encourage
those in the community who are not currently NANOG members to consider
becoming members of NANOG and to consider standing for a position in our
leadership. Through membership and voting, you will be an active
participant in directing all NANOG activities.

Only NANOG members are eligible to nominate, be a candidate, vote, and
serve in the NANOG Board of Directors and Committees.  Click here
<https://www.nanog.org/membership> to become a member today!  **If you are
not a member and wish to vote in this election, your membership must be
received by 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, October 4, 2017.**

Why?

NANOG is at its strongest and best when there is an engaged group of
members. If you care about NANOG and would like to take a turn at
volunteering your time, please consider becoming part of the team by taking
part in the nomination and election process. If you know someone else that
you believe would be interested in serving on the Board of Directors,
nominate them by completing the Online Process
<https://www.bigpulse.com/138028/signin> beginning August 7, 2017.  Any
questions should be submitted to elections at nanog.org.

As I spoke about during my opening at NANOG 70, diversity is key to the
viability of the NANOG community. Personally, it concerns me that our only
non-white, non-male elected member of the Board is leaving the board this
year, having served the maximum allowable number of terms. While everyone
is welcome, it is important that we represent our community well at all
levels and so if you or someone you know could help improve that
representation, please consider the nomination process.

As NANOG continues to evolve, our Board of Directors and Committees will
continue to play an increasingly important role in our success. By joining
now, you can be an integral part of the process.

For more information about the role of a Board of Director or any Committee
Member, or to find out more about what's involved in serving, please
consult the current NANOG Bylaws
<https://nanog.org/sites/default/files/sites/default/files/NANOG-Bylaws-October2016.pdf>
or follow the links to the Board and Committee pages from the General 2017
NANOG Elections Page <https://www.nanog.org/elections/2017/general>.

Best regards,

Dave Temkin
On behalf of the NANOG Board of Directors