Cogent BCP-38

Ben Russell brussell at stratusnet.com
Tue Aug 15 15:36:08 UTC 2017

Could someone from Cogent contact me off-list?  We are having an issue with one of our downstream customers who is multi-homed to another carrier.  The end customer is advertising their prefix to both us and the other carrier.  Both us and the other carrier peer with 174.  However, if the prefix is preferred through us and the outbound traffic flows over the other carrier it is dropped.  We suspect uRPF-strict on the other carriers Cogent link.   We are working together with the other carrier and have a ticket open the help desk seem to be confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Ben Russell
Senior Network Engineer
Stratus Networks
(309)370-3174