EdgeRouter Infinity as medium-sized "IXP Peering Router"?

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Sat Aug 12 04:41:51 UTC 2017

On 8/11/2017 10:30 PM, Josh Reynolds wrote:
> I'm dumb, Brielle is right.
>
> 1.9.0, 1.9.5, 1.9.7h1
>
> 1.9.8dev and 1.9.8b1 are for two other newer products.

Ubiquiti has been pretty active in developing improvements lately.

I do recommend anyone who does use the Edge* series in production that
they join the beta program on the Ubnt forums to keep current on whats
being worked on.  It pays off in the long run, and gives you a chance to
test out new features and fixes before deploying them in real world
scenarios.

The Infinity isn't a perfect fit for everyone, but it is a 'disruptive'
device and worth a look if you have > 1G needs.  Now that its 'out
there' in production, hopefully those that can put it to use will be
able to give out real world numbers.

(Note:  I don't work for Ubnt, but I've used many of their products in
the Edge and Unifi lines.  I only speak for myself.)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org