junkmailers take the day off....?

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Sun Mar 20 10:12:29 UTC 2016

Subject: Re: junkmailers take the day off....? Date: Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 01:50:31AM +0000 Quoting Mel Beckman (mel at beckman.org):
> I'm seeing the same thing. Weird.
>
> -mel via cell
>
> > On Mar 19, 2016, at 6:29 PM, Mike <mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >    This is not a complaint, but today seems to be a major disturbance in the force...my junkmail load seems to be WAAAYYYY down today, like they all are out at the beach or something... some major botnet get shutdown or something???

A large portion of the Swedish newspaper web sites were hit with a fairly
large attack yesterday evening MET, around 1830UTC. Perhaps the keyword is
"retasked". Fwiw, I also saw a decline in my spamcount.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668