optical gear cooling requirements

Alex Rubenstein alex at corp.nac.net
Tue Mar 3 14:27:40 UTC 2015

The rock has turned over for a moment and I have crawled out. It is good to see the sunlight from time to time.

Those who know me know my life has gotten away from networking and that sort of thing, and I am fully immersed in datacenter design and construction for IT type loads (blades, compute, disk, etc.). However, I am presented with the challenge of having to deal with some optical gear (Ciena stuff, mainly). My question: have the optical folks woken up and made things cool front to back, or are they still in to the bottom to top world?

Comments and lambasting: go

Thanks!