Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Mon Mar 2 19:06:03 UTC 2015

>Unless there is significant stupidly-done bufferbloat, where the "insignificant amount of control traffic in the opposite direction" is delayed because the big blocks of the upload are causing a traffic jam in the upstream pipe.

Which has nothing at all to do with the asymmetry of the circuit at all.  Buffer bloat is an issue in and of itself.  I agree it can be an issue it just has nothing to do with the symmetry argument.  In my opinion, it is just a reaction to customers who never want to see a packet lost but not understanding what the cost of that is.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL