Verizon.net email admin?

Pete Carah pete at altadena.net
Fri Jan 16 21:51:13 UTC 2015

On 01/16/2015 04:00 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Anybody Verizon.net mail admins around?
>
> I have a downstream customer on a newly-deployed IP allocation that
> can't get to pop.verizon.net (connections just time out).
I can't either ping or telnet to that either but can connect with
s_client.  I'm *on* verizon (fios)...
Maybe they only allow secure, at least from some locations.
(Just for reference, I'm seeing pop.verizon.net at a 206.46.x.x address,
no v6.)
(not saying that they don't filter, but there are no 107 prefixes in the
current cymru fullbogon4 list fetched about 5 minutes ago.)

-- Pete