Drops in Core

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Aug 15 17:21:34 UTC 2015

I would say that the probability of a packet drop at any particular peering
point is less than the probability at one of the two edges.

However, given that most packets are likely to traverse multiple peering
points between the two edges, the probability of a packet drop along
the way at one of the several peering points overall is roughly equal
to the probability of a drop at one of the two edges.

YMMV.

Owen