.mil postmaster Contacts?

Mike A mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Mon Oct 27 18:23:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:52:07AM -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> We're seeing issues deliving email to certain .mil domains.  MX hosts
> for these domains are not responding on port 25 and have verified from
> off-network as well.
>
> Anyone else seeing the same or can point me to a technical POC to start
> with?
>
> navy.mil, usmc.mil, uscg.mil are just a few that seem to be having
> issues.

When we (state gummint) had trouble delivering work-related mail to some .mil
addresses in our state, I found that the best way was to look up the contacts
on the installation's website, make a phone call, and ask for the IT people.

We found that sometimes they shut mail down, sometimes higher HQ publish an
overly wide firewall block list, and sometimes Stuff Just Happens.

YMMV, as always.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx