inexpensive KVMoIP

Chip Marshall chip at 2bithacker.net
Fri Oct 24 14:42:52 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-23, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> sent:
> Having recently encountered a problem with a machine, I’m
> looking for an inexpensive KVMoIP device to place within a
> facility to take VGA/USB Keyboard for a single host scale.
> Ideally something that can be properly placed on the internet,
> but that’s not a showstopper.
>
> If you’re willing to loan me one for a week or two as well,
> let me know too so I can ship it to the site and recover my
> machine.

I've used Lantronix Spiders in the past, they're not bad.

I'm curious if anyone knows of one that doesn't use Java for the
client though. With things like NoVNC and Guacamole out there
now, it seems like a HTML5 based remote KVM should be possible
and not a nightmare to work with.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net>
http://2bithacker.net/