Linux: concerns over systemd [OT]

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Oct 22 20:34:18 UTC 2014

> the vast majority of negative tongue wagging regarding systemd is ill
> informed.

can we skip the ad homina and leave that for the systemd dev fora?

> does systemd have growing pains? definitely. are some egos involved?
> sure. can systemd be far reaching? yes, is such reach mandated?
> no. use the units you want and disregard the rest.

how does this work out in practice?  at install, can i choose whether
systemd is used for X as opposed for the separate component?  can i
template such choices for cluster deployment with the usual tools?

as barry said, we get to drive this car.

randy