Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

Israel G. Lugo israel.lugo at lugosys.com
Tue Oct 21 17:17:09 UTC 2014

I was actually not aware of this. I've been told that systemd also
includes fsck's functionality (or is planning to?). That just seems
absurd to me.

I didn't really have a strong opinion on either side of this yet. Seeing
the replies from other people here, though, and reading some more about
it, this seems to be a very bad idea.

The binary logs for example worry me, especially corruption issues:

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1y6q0l/systemds_binary_logs_and_corruption/