Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Oct 21 19:55:02 UTC 2014

Wait… Let me see if I understand this correctly…

1.	Move fsck functionality into systemd
2.	Have it generate opaque binary logs
3.	If your filesystem is corrupted in a way that systems can’t repair, you can’t even read the logs of what systemd saw or did?

Yeah, that sounds like a very definite “bad thing”.

Owen