IPv6 Default Allocation - What size allocation are you giving out

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Oct 9 14:39:40 UTC 2014

On Oct 9, 2014, at 2:15 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Also, claiming that 90% will never have more than 2 or 3 subnets simply displays a complete lack of imagination.

On the contrary, I believe that the increase in the potential address pool size will lead to much flatter, less hierarchical networks - while at the same time leading to most nodes being highly multi-homed into various virtual topologies, thereby leading to significant increases of addresses per node.

A 'node' being things like molecules, nanites, window blinds, soda cans, etc.

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

    		   	  -- Laocoön