Belkin Router issues this morning?

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Wed Oct 8 00:56:27 UTC 2014

On 10/7/2014 17:32, Mike Lyon wrote:
> And this, my friends, is why friends don't let friends buy Belkin...

Amen.

Side question?  What happens is somebody is unwise to use Belkin routers
on an internal, not-connected-to-the-Interatubes network (Like, for
example, the network I tried to get ex-employer to install to serve the
un-patched Windows 98 heart monitors and stuff that were favored targets
of the crackers.

I am having trouble understanding why a router would need a heartbeat
from some foreign location.  Or even what it would do with one.

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes