Belkin Router issues this morning?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:14:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Larry Sheldon <larrysheldon at cox.net> wrote:
> I am having trouble understanding why a router would need a heartbeat from
> some foreign location.  Or even what it would do with one.

One, not crazy, line of thinking is that: "Instead of being cryptic
and difficult to understand, help the customer to know that: "your dsl
is boarked" and that offloading that call set from the ISP for
something that might be simple to fix at the CPE might make the ISP
folk happy.

Of course that decision process came with the decision to run a
reliable and always-on service...oops.