Marriott wifi blocking

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 20:57:42 UTC 2014

> From: Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com>
> Again: you've shifted topics here from "enterprise rogue protection"
> (stay off *my* ESSID) to "Marriott Attack" (stay off all ESSIDs that
> *aren't* mine); different thing entirely.

Don't forget the 3rd "stay off this channel go use another" used at
large scale events where for the masses to get a workable service a few
have to give up the right to spray their wifi on whichever channel they
wish.

The Marriott may have not been fined had they been doing this rather
than "stay off all channels because we wish to charge for them". I've
not seen if they were stopping other SSID on all channels or just the
ones they were using.

brandon