Marriott wifi blocking

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Oct 9 18:54:32 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Brett Frankenberger <rbf+nanog at panix.com> wrote:
> (What's your position on a case where someone puts up, say, a
> continuous carrier point-to-point system on the same channel as an
> existing WiFi system that is now rendered useless by the p-to-p system
> that won't share the spectrum?  Illegal or Legal?  And do you think the
> text above is unambiguous on that point?)

Not how 802.11 works. Put up another transmitter on a different SSID
and it raises the noise floor for everybody. It doesn't render the
frequency useless.

Remember, we got 2.4ghz in the first place because the huge signal
interference from microwave ovens and -rain- had already rendered it
useless. Until spread spectrum came along.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?