Buying IP Bandwidth Across a Peering Exchange

Clayton clayton at mnsi.net
Sun Nov 30 23:51:07 UTC 2014

We peer at TorIX and Equinix.  I have to say that despite the fact that
Equnix charges us more for our port, we're getting far more value from it
than TorIX.  Around double the traffic, and they don't have silly punative
measures like locking your port if you leak a MAC address other than the
one you registered with them (Equnix filters the MAC, but doesn't apply a
60 minute port shut down penalty if you leak like TorIX does).