Seeking IPv6 Security Resources

Enno Rey erey at ernw.de
Thu Nov 27 00:21:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 08:54:07AM -0500, Joe Klein wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Are you aware IPv6 has 3 or arguably 4 major generations of standards?
>
> Each generation requires nuanced defense strategies, based on which clauses
> ("must" and "should") were implemented. Some of the derived security works,
> do not reflect, and in some cases contradict current security
> recommendations.

both very good points, Joe, which I fully second.
This is - to some degree - discussed in this talk:
https://www.ernw.de/download/TROOPERS_IPv6SecSummit_ERNW_IPv6_Structural_Deficits.pdf

which I suggest to add to the resource list in compilation.
[disclaimer: I'm the author]

best

Enno

 The perceived newness of the technology, and ambiguities

--
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Carl-Bosch-Str. 4 - 69115 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 173 6745902

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey