Seeking IPv6 Security Resources

Fernando Gont fernando at gont.com.ar
Thu Nov 27 07:21:02 UTC 2014

Hi, Chris,

On 11/25/2014 05:32 PM, Chris Grundemann wrote:
> Hail NANOG!
>
> I am looking for IPv6 security resources to add to:
> http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/ipv6/security/

This is stuff that I've authored or that I've been involved in:

**** Tools ****

* (Open Source) IPv6 Security Toolkit:
<http://www.si6networks.com/tools/ipv6toolkit/index.html>

**** Articles ****

This site links all the articles that I've written so far:
<http://www.si6networks.com/publications/articles.html>.

They tend to cover stuff that I've covered in IETF RFCs, but in a more
synthetic and human-readable way.

Note while stuffed with some adds (Techtarget has to make money
somehow), the full content of the articles is online, without the
requirement of creating an account or anything.... just scroll down.

**** IETF RFCs & Internet Drafts ****

Most of what I've published at the IETF in the last few years is
IPv6-securty related. Please check:
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=&rfcs=on&activedrafts=on&olddrafts=on&sort=&by=author&author=Gont>

Of particular interest would be:

* draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy
* draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-host-scanning
* RFC6980
* RFC7112
* RFC7113
* RFC7123
* RFC7217
* RFC7359

**** Presentations (slides & videos) ****

* Slides: <http://www.si6networks.com/presentations/index.html>
(More to be uploaded soon... please re-check in a week or so)

* Videos: <https://www.youtube.com/user/SI6Networks>

**** On-line communities ****

* IPv6 Hackers mailing-list: