Buying IP Bandwidth Across a Peering Exchange

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Nov 26 14:45:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:34:14 -0500, Eric Van Tol said:
> but I know at one time they required a physical presence in the in the IDC
> for an Exchange cross-connect.

At the risk of being snarky, if somebody doesn't have a presence where do
you connect the other end of the cross-connect cable? :)

(Note that's different than "I'm in a PoP on the west side of town, and
the logical place to land my uplink is blade 2, port 3 of a router belonging
to $upstream over on the east side of town" - that's an external connection
not a cross-connect)