Buying IP Bandwidth Across a Peering Exchange

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Nov 26 12:55:18 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 02:42:39 PM Ammar Zuberi
wrote:

> I’m pretty sure IX Reach can take you into an Equinix
> exchange, so it is probably possible that they allow
> this kind of stuff to happen.

I meant in terms of a reseller model between the exchange
point and preferred service providers on behalf of the
exchange point members.

Of course, anyone can transport anyone anywhere, as long as
the right people are paid. But exchange points have been
getting into reseller models with transport providers as a
way to discount what would be a normal transport service
between two or more points.

Mark.