Chicago Colo and IX

Graham Johnston johnstong at westmancom.com
Thu Nov 6 21:47:45 UTC 2014

We are looking to expand our network and establish a POP in Chicago; it is expect that we will focus on 350 East Cermak.  Can anyone provide recommendations on Colo providers?  We will only really need enough space to deploy a modest router and the power it requires.  As we won't be able to do work on site, given its remote location to us, a colo provider who provides a remote hands service is a requirement.

I'm also curious if anyone can comment on the Equinix IX that is there.  Our only experience today with an IX is with TorIX, which has been extremely positive, and I'm not sure what significant differences I should expect if any.

Thanks,
Graham Johnston
Network Planner
Westman Communications Group