outages list down? Lightower, Worcester, MA fiber cut

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Nov 7 13:43:57 UTC 2014

RFO: underlying filesystem issues on the hypervisor caused the system to “freak out” (yes, that’s the technical term).  After a reboot, some fighting with java iKVM the system is back up.  Sorry for the trouble.

OT: (you can delete if you don’t care about my random stuff)

I have some bigger plans to start to split the various parts of puck into more distributed systems (e.g.: DNS services, mail lists, etc) of time, including the various open.*project sites and databases).

Last hardware refresh was in fall of 2011, so with the falling prices of SSD, etc it’s likely time to transition.

- Jared